Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I am NOT a comittee!

Bonus points to anyone who got the vague Star Wars reference.

My Monday off was actually rather eventful as far as days off go.

The dog woke me up early (as dogs do) for his morning walk and breakfast. I couldn't get back to sleep so i managed to get up fairly early for a day off.

I spent most of the morning cleaning my condo, which needed a good cleaning. Things were picked up, but the bathroom floor needed mopping, the place can ALWAYS use a vacuum secondary to the dog, and just general counter scrubbing and the like. I felt so productive. I definitely have to be in the right mood to clean.. I hate cleaning.

One of my friends called me after the cleaning to go shopping. (which normally I hate) There were lots of MLK Day sales going on so I caved and said yes. I only lasted an hour and a half , but I did find some cute outfits for work.

Then, late afternoon I had a consulation for laser hair removal, which is currently all the rage in Tampa. I have more than three friends going through it right now. the guy at the spa was really nice.. it's a shiny new office. They were going to do legs, bikini line, and underarms for 2800 as many treatments as it takes. Which, calling some other places is a good deal. They said I'd be a great candidate since my hair is so dark... should work beautifully.

After discussing options with G.. he was a little taken aback by the cost. It's definitely a convience procedure. But, I look at is as my LASIK surgery. I can't do LASIK and back when G did LASIK it cost over 5000 dollars. I look at that as convience too, but he didn't seem to think of it as the same. So, we negotiated and I'm going to do just my bikini line and underarms and save my legs for another time. (it's the legs that make the procedure really pricy) They want 2000 just for your legs alone.

I'm not used to discussing my finaces with someone. I guess I have to get used to it. Finance by comittee. We have a spread sheet in priority order of things we want to get for the house... leg lasering... not on it. If it were just me alone and single.. I'd definitely be doing all of it. But, I have to think of our little family now. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Did you present a cost analysis of razor blades, shaving cream and the TIME you would save by not having to shave??? Oh man, I would KILL to get all that done! Have to wait until I rejoin civilization though... :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Dude, I think it would cost me about 900 full price... And a lot of times I get half off deals through friends (I can't believe I didn't take the $300 for the legs thing, but no cash at the time).

have fun!

8:58 PM  
Blogger CWH said...

it would almost be worth it for me to fly to see you for each treatment and pay the 900 for everything ! ;) *sigh* why can't I live closer to mexico too!!

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait...900 bucks for everything?? What a great deal!!! Where is this???

10:46 AM  
Blogger CWH said...

Uchenna, she's going across the border to Mexico to have it done. Suz lives in Brownsville ;) Everything's cheaper down there. Although, if you got the 79 dollar super savers on Southwest it'd be cheaper to fly to see her for each treatment and cross over to Mexico with her to have it done.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

In fairness I should also add that the doctor doing it is bestest friends with a doctor I work with, so I get an added extra deal on top of the added cheaper-ness :)

Full price for regular mortals lists at: 260 for underarms, 280 for bikini and 600 for legs :)

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home