Saturday, January 14, 2006

Getting it right the first time

Is it too much to ask that someone do their job correctly ? Preferably the first time! Today after MUCH delay my bed parts finally arrived from Overstock. They FedEx guy knocked at 8am and dropped the box before I had a chance to sign for it.

Had I been given the chance.. I would have sent the damn box straight back to them!! They sent me a box of SLATS! yes, I did need king sized slats,but I specifically asked for a box that said rails/4 slats. It's a box SPECIFICALLY for my bed. A box of slats isn't going to do me much good when I now still have Cal. King sized bedrails. Good lord people are you FRACKING mentally handicapped !!! Jesus Christ!

so, in a voice of reason G went the computer to look up how much longer a Cal. King is than a standard. Fortunately, it's only 4 inches longer. So, G's going to put the bed together while I'm at work... and see if that four inches really shows up when you put the box spring on the bed. I'm hoping that with our fluffy down comforter it won't really show. I'm not really pissed about my bed looking wrong.. I'm pissed about the fact that they have SIX WEEKS to fix my order and they STILL F-ed it up !!! This just re-iterates the fact that I am NEVER shopping with overstock again !!

For those following along now.. here's what's sitting in my house:

King sized Headboard
King sized Footboard
Cal. King sized bed rails
4 Cal. king sized bed slats
1 box of TWELVE Standard king sized slats (they shipped me a box of plain slats, NOT the slats for my bed... but at least they're the same company)

Does ANY of this equal the bed I ordered ??!!! Hell no. It just can all go together to make a bed... four inches too long.

I'm ready to murder. G doesnt seem to think it's a big deal.. he's just happy to not have to sleep on the floor anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home