Saturday, October 29, 2005

Girls Night Out

Friday night was girls night out. I'm not sure if I blogged about this before, but a few months ago when I first moved to Tampa I signed up for a group to help people new to the area meet other people (who area also new to the area). The catch to this group is that it's NOT a singles group so those that are looking to troll for mates need not apply. For a few months nothing happened, then a few weeks ago one website merged with another and BANG lots of events and new friends for me to make.

The first event G and I attended together. It was a meet up at a sports bar for the red sox/yankees playoffs series. I made a few friends, took my neighbor with me and had a good time.

Eventually, this group planned a girls night out. They picked a local spot in Channelside for Tapas and bowling. About 11 girls showed up and we had a GREAT time! We drank, we talked, we ate, and then we got to the alley about 11. now, this bowling alley is like nothing you've ever seen. (except if you happen to be one of the few that live near a Lucky Strike in CA) This is a classy bowling alley. they have only 12 lanes, two HUGE bars, a swanky restaurant, and more pool tables in one place that I've seen in some place other than a pool hall. And like I said, done very upscale. So, we tried to get reservations and they were booked but told us to walk in after we checked in before dinner. By the time we got there after dinner there was a two hour wait (of course). So, we sat at the bar and talk and drank some more. Of course, being a group of (at this point) 8 women we got some attention. We were quickly zeroed in on by a bachelor party who assumed we were a bachelorette party. No such luck guys. They were very bummed when they found out I was taken and the pretty jessica alba-looking girl I was talking to was married.

The girls are great and all around my age.. so much fun was had by all. I even got some phone numbers to chat with people outside of scheduled events.

I think my quest for friends in Tampa might finally be working out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home