Monday, July 04, 2005

Three Day Weekend

It's another three day weekend. Although, my weekends are always three days until after boards since I have Mondays off to study! It's especially nice this weekend because G is home Friday through Monday. I'm not used to having him home four days in a row.. it's very nice!

Saturday was our day for running errands. Home Depot for a new garbage disposal (the cheap one our builder gave us ate itself), Wal-mart for light bulbs (to replace burnt out ones.. go figure) and a doormat for our condo, and finally the grocery store for odds and ends to get us through the weekend. (especially the beer part)

Sunday I spent some time studying.. and G put in our new garbage disposal (proving that yes, some men CAN read the directions). When I took a study break I went down to our pool for an hour. It was a freakin' FRAT PARTY! Most of the people in our condo complex are young, single, professionals. Although, many of them are renting from the actual owners. Well, I finally found a lounge chair and proceeded to people watch. There were about fifteen people grilling at the grill, at least thirty in the actual pool, 10+ girls on floaties in the same pool, and three neighbhorhood kids who don't live there who sneak in every day to use our pool (but they're fun so we let them). It was especially fun to watch the neighborhood kids do cannonballs on the sorority girls and watch them squeel.... which is made even more ironic by the fact that they were IN THE POOL! Hello you're already wet and by squeeling you're just encouraging the kids to do it to you more!! Dingy girls. So between the jello shots, beer, people making out, and cannonball kids.. I could only handle about an hour of it. I'm past by beer and jello shot stage and was starting to feel really old by my own pool. *sigh* Maybe I should just shut up and move the burbs and start having kids already..... (somebody hold me.. that just came out of my mouth!)

After the pool I went back to studying and making dinner. (mmm spaghetti with fresh bread from panera and good red wine!) G and I also went to see War of the Worlds. A GREAT popcorn flick. Don't expect tons of character development.. or explanation of back-story at the end at the plausability of how the entire extended family survived ... but i digrees. Overall a very good action flick with lots of tension and not too many jump out at the screen at you and make you jump moments. I have to give it 4/5 stars. I was plesantly suprised.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

That's it, start having kids--join me on the DARK SIDE. ;) I can totally undersand that sadness when you start thinking "am I getting old?" Trust me though, you aren't!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home