Thursday, June 16, 2005

Moved in and Working

Well, my stuff is all unloaded. I moved in last Tuesday and got settled. I spent Tuesday night unpacking things. I spent most of last Wednesday doing fun things like getting my drivers license and license plates (which is a long saga all in itself). I've never seen a wilder cross section of society than at the Tampa DMV.... well dressed professionals on a break to run errands, tanned retirees in shorts, tanks, and flip flops... and my personal favorite the loud-entirely-obnoxious drunk guy (at 10am) who feels free to tell everyone that even though he's 40 minutes early for his appointment *HE* shouldn't have to stand in line. After two hours of being there, I was done.. and totally understood why the people that work at the DMV act the way they do. I was ready to pull out the machine gun after only two hours there. Lord help the poor people who do that every.single.day!

The dog has settled in nicely and he's VERY happy to have his daddy back. (me too) Saturday I took Tiger to the doggie park on Davis Island. Tiger had never seen waves before. Even though these weren't big waves I was a little concerned that my dog who would never go in the swimming pool suddenly seemed inclined to swim around with his pool toy like the beach was the best place EVER! But, to a dog .. it is... lots of sand to get stuck to you, water, other dogs, other people who will throw your toy when mom gets bored of throwing it 10,000 times, more sand, and lovely wet stinky doggy-ness. He was in heaven.

It seems to weird for me to think of myself as done with school.. a doctor... making *gasp!* MONEY! Although, I'm making less than a third than what I'll be making when I get that piece of paper from the state saying I won't kill people.

I worked only two days this week. One day with jamie and one with ken. i had a great time getting paid to do what I love to do. (for the first time) I normally will be working Fridays , but Dr Jon is out this week. so, no work for me. Damn.

Well, I have much much more to say, but wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive. I have to go finish cleaning and vacuuming. (joy!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home