Monday, June 20, 2005

Relaxing Weekend

Overall, G and I didn't accomplish a whole lot this weekend, but we did some things to make our place feel more like home.

He worked from home on Friday, since his office is moving locations (closer to our house which is nice). I think the move will be done sometime in August. But, having him work from home on Fridays is kinda nice. I had my interview with a husband and wife in Brandon who have offices across the street from each other. I'm interviewing to work in the wife's office, with occasional days in her husband's as needed. It went very well.. she was very sweet. I really like the office and the people working there. It seems like a good environment. she told me she can get my five days a week, which would be really nice. I also drove across the street to meet her husband, who also seems very nice. The weird thing about optometry interviews is... they don't seem to care what you know... if you graduated, they know you can do this... they just want to find out if they like you and know whether you have the same practice philosophy that they have. So, between the office in Brandon and Dr Ken... it looks like I'll have full-time work. YAY! Getting real paychecks will be so nice!

Saturday G and I took Tiger to the Davis Island doggie park again. It was the first time G got to see him there and it was so much fun. Tiger has the best time at the doggie park. G and I got our doggie fix too playing with one lady's new border collie puppy. SO CUTE !

We tried out Tampa's new maccaroni grill for lunch.. and apparently they've changed their menu. It's all in English now and have the more authenic Italian dishes are gone. We were quite perterbed. G's favorite dish is no longer on the menu. And, since it was a new restaurant we couldn't ask if they could still make it.. since the cooks would have no idea what he's talking about. Oh well... I guess they're trying to draw in more of the Olive Garden crowd, but I liked them better because they WEREN'T the olive garden. *sigh*

The big adventure for Saturday was going to Michaels to buy frames. Ooooo ... "hold me back", you say. I know .. I know. But, in the land of the new home owner this is a big step. So, all of our pictures are matted and framed (by us... well, mostly G). We spent part of Sunday putting them all up. G's quite the perfectionist on getting everything measured and leveled. I was the assistent. I felt like a scrub nurse... "level, pencil, measuring tape, hammer... scalpel... "

Sunday was our big day.. G's BIRTHDAY !!! He's now 34 years old. I couldn't believe his parents didn't call him. They sent a card (no present)... and never called. My parents are so different i can't even fathom that. It's not like the family is super tight... but, birthdays are birthdays, people !!

We slept in... hung pictures... and went to Panera for a nice lunch. We saw "Batman Begins".. I'd have to say Christian Vale is the best batman. Definitely the most believeable. I could do without Katie Holmes in it.. she didn't add much to the movie. Her character wasn't very developed and she was just there as an "almost" love interest who didn't do much but need rescuing (oh lord).

The original plan had been to take G to this hip sushi place for his birthday dinner. But, when looking up their menu online Sunday morning I discovered that they were closed on Sundays for dinner. AHHH!! So, we settled for take-out and a netflix movie. (spanglish) I'll take him out saturday night next weekend for sushi dinner. I felt so bad that I didn't look that up ahead of time. I felt like the worst birthday planner ever.

And G's present from me you ask? A framed copy of an abstract painting we found while parusing art.com one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home