Monday, June 27, 2005

Thunderstorms and Studying

Today is brought to you by... THUNDERSTORMS! yes, every day at 3pm in Tampa we have another thunderstorm. It's the rainy season and probably won't stop doing this until October or so. But, it's part of what I love about it. For those not in the know about my quirks.. I LOVE thunderstorms. LOVE.THEM. I'm watching it get darker outside right now and I can hear the thunder rolling in.. and it's (you guessed it) 3:15pm.

Most of today I've been attempting to study for my Florida Board exam. It's mostly reviewing things I just took two months ago on the National Board Exam (Part 3). So, I'm trying to get into it.. really, I am. It's just hard when this is the third time I'm studying the same material. I studied this material for Part 2, Part 3, and now Florida Boards. I'll have to break up the monotony later by studying the law material so that it's something I've never seen before. (joy!)

Yesterday G and I set up our new printer/scanner/copier. It's the one I got for free after I traded in the portable DVD player I won at graduation banquet at Circuit City. It pays to do research and see who carries models. I now have an awesome printer I got for free instead of a DVD player I'll never use (since G already has one)

We also tried a new burger place I read about online. (SO YUMMY!) Southern Living rated them as the best burgers in the south. I don't know if I'd go that far.. but they were DAMN tasty!! If you're ever in the Tampa Bay area and want an awesome burger, check out the Green Iguana. It's also a bar, with tons on tap if you're so inclined.

I've noticed I'm blogging a lot about food lately, but when you're in a new city one of the funnest things for me is finding all the good, local eateries. Mmmm !! And, now you also know why I need to work out so much ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey odgirl! I just followed your old lj to your new and improved blog. Thunderstorms are the best, for some reason, they remind me of the cure. It's funny how so many people love stormy weather. Sounds like things with work and home settled down nicely - would be nice if it happened real easily, but I know you and G did a LOT of planning before getting there. Are those docs your working with ODs or MDs? I'm trying desperately to land a job with a MD, but keep coming up with dead ends... just got to keep looking. ttyl.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah, you are KILLING me with all the food talk! ;) Sounds great though. And someday, when I make it to Tampa, you will take me on the Grand Food tour. Glad things are going well for you there. Now get back to studying!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home