Friday, April 08, 2005

We're not "stupid women"

So, after a YEAR of calling the water company they've finally decided to listen to my mother and me. There's a pipe under the street that's been leaking and flooding the area in front of our house going to the storm drain. This has been going on for almost a year. Every time I go to our mailbox I have to straddle a puddle of water.. and forget stretching on the curb before I run without getting my shoes soaked.

The water company has come out three times and dug up our neighbors yard. Each time, my mother and I have gone out to show them where the water is bubbling up UNDER THE STREET !! Which any idiot with eyeballs can see. The water company workers each time have rolled their eyes at us and insisted it's our neighbors pool. Now, there are several reasons this can't be true. One -- the neighbors have noticed no spike in their water bill. Two -- the neighbors even went as far as to drain their pool and there was STILL water on our street. Three --- if it WERE someone's pool leaking.. after a year.. the street runoff area would be bleached white by the chlorine which, wasn't the case. The stagnant water was clear and doing nothing to the street but cause it to grow mold.

Now that my mother has called the water department four times (which in one year isn't bad) and got together with the neighbor they're trying to blame this on.... it's making us smile really big right now that there's a backhoe down the street tearing up the street to fix the problem.

That's right guys.. sometime's women AREN'T STUPID !!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Megalofyia said...

I do remember this river running in front of your house. Hopefully they'll figure out a way to be speedy about fixing it.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home