Wednesday, December 15, 2004

relaxing can be fun.. really

Trivia last night was really fun. I met Pete and his new lab-mate Carlos at a bar called kelvin arms. every tuesday at 730 they do "impossibly hard trivia". For example: "East Pakistan is now what country? ". No clue. Although I know now cuz they went through the answers. Someone got bonus point for humor by putting "East Pakistan is now known as the Dell Customer Service Line". We managed with the three of us to get 12 of the 40 questions. yes, we truly suck. A few of them were a little old for us so the older patrons faired better than we did. once greg gets in town we'll have to see how we do with him in accompanyment.

Today Mom and I headed to Berry Hill for fish tacos. Mom had never been there and I had a hankering for fish tacos. The Berry Hill they're building by our house won't open for another month so we headed down to the galleria. (which my mother thought was so far away.. I laughed). She forgets that I drive further than that every single day to go to school.

I did even more cross-stitch today. I'm making progress. I've gotten beyond my section of metallic thread so that makes me happy. Once I finally got back to real DMC floss it seemed so easy in comparison.

Tiger and I went running today which is always fun.

The big news for the day is that my brother in his infinite wisdom has decided to apply for a position with the CIA. Say WHAT!!?? I'm not sure what he'd be doing or if he's even qualified for a job there but I guess we'll just see what happens. I'm wondering what his wife thinks of this whole thing. I guess I can grill him more when I see him next week. He'll be here on the 23rd. I just don't get why he'd want to give up the gaming business he loves so much and is so lucritive. weird.

Off to read. I'm currently reading "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown while I wait for my next shipment of books from Booksfree.com.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

PROGRESS PROGRESS PROGRESS!
*mopes for a progress picture*

Dave, with the CIA *snerk*

10:37 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Looks good! Can't wait to see more.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good! I feel your pain on the metallic. Have you tried using short lengths and chilling them first?

Stasha
www.shondratasha.com

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home