Saturday, December 11, 2004

Home Sweet Home

So, I'm back in Houston.

I took Part 2 boards all day Tuesday and half of Wednesday. I'm sure I passed it... it was just harder than everyone said it was. I even studied, unlike a lot of other people I talked to. I met a bunch of NOVA students at our lunch break on Tuesday. They were headed to the cheesecake factory across the street from the Office Depot Center where we took the exam, so they invited me to tag along. I was grateful, I hate eating alone. The only bad part about the lunch was everyone started comparing answers to questions. I HATE THAT !!!!! Once I take a test I'm through with it, don't want to know what I got wrong, and try very VERY hard not to look anything up. I learned my lesson the hard way in looking up answers after a final my first year in OD school worth 75% of my final grade. I spent two weeks stressing thinking I failed the class because of course the only answers you remember are the ones you didn't know. Which makes a weird kind of sense when you think about it.

After I finished my final section of the board on Wednesday I drove/raced back to Bradenton to pack up my apartment. I was 85 degrees and I was loading my car in jeans. I didn't want to sweat in December, really. It only took me an hour to pack and load so I was really shocked. I said goodbye to roomie's neurotic min-pins , locked up, and left keys with our neighbor. He's always home since he lost his job....it seems to only sit at home with a 12-pack since he got let go. But, I'm not going to get started on that.

Wednesday afternoon I drove as far as Tallahassee so I could put at least some kind of dent in my drive. I'm getting very good at driving insane distances. My poor 3 yr old car has 56k miles on it already. poor thing. Wednesday night in Tallahassee was the first good nights sleep I'd had in a LONG time because a) I wasn't sleeping on a crappy futon mattress and b) I wasn't stressing out about a huge exam I was taking the next morning. I passed out at 930pm and I NEVER do that. Partly, because I was watching the annoying Barbara Walters special and I really could care less what Paris Hilton has to say. I did manage to stay awake for Lost though (LOVE that show).

I spent all of Thursday driving to Houston so it was really uneventful. My dog was THRILLED to see me. He and Jackson danced around like crazy dogs when I pulled into the driveway. they also both slept on top of me all night. (joy) But, all in all... it felt great to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home