Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Metallic thread can bite me !

For the first time in probably two years I had the time to pick up my old cross-stitch project. this is the first xmas I haven't had finals in three years. It makes me happy. What DOESN'T make me happy are annoying metallic threads that are sewn into this project. Especially the Nordic Gold thread which freyed on me the first pull through the fabric. I think my weave count is too small for the thread (since I'm stitching on 22 count and it says the gold should only go to 18 count). But, they stitched the sample on 22 count... so I digress. Let's just say it was NOT a fun time. I kept having to rip out stitches that came out looking ghetto and redoing a bunch of it. Grrr.. maybe that's why i stopped where I did two years ago.

Tonight I'm heading to dinner with pete and his new lab. We eating and then heading to a local Rice Village bar that does a trivia night. I've never been but it's supposed to fun (and really hard). I'll probably come home buzzed and feeling really stupid. It's been known to happen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

Hey there, are you going over one or over 2? And you can get through it! Nordic gold is SO much nicer than some other stuff out there *trust* *me* on this one ;)

You are gonna post a scan of your progress, right? Right? Right?

12:12 PM  
Blogger CWH said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now remember there is wrong way on metallics, you need to thread your needle first. From what I have been told if you you have the thread backwards it will fray faster. That is why you thread the needle before you cut the thread from the spool.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home