Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Productive Day Off !

It's only 1130, but I've already gotten so much done today! I guess this is what happens when you stop being a lazy slug and actually get up at 730 on your day off. Heh.

The dog kept me up half the night shaking his head. Which usually means only one thing... doggie ear infection. Fortunately, I still have some ear drops left from the last doggie ear infection so I had to clean out the ear this morning and apply drops. Having a fairly large dog who hates having his ears cleaned, this was quite the challenge to accomplish before coffee and shower. I'll call the vet today, too to get some more ear drops but I had enough to get him started on it. Poor guy.

Then, off to the DPM! My steroid shot, while horribly painful, seemed to have worked. I managed to go 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym on Monday night with no pain. YAY! I'm still not doing any impact exercises, but just doing that and actually working up a sweat for the first time in seven months was heaven! The DPM says I'm doing well and unless the pain flairs back up and lasts longer than a week.. he doesn't need to see me any more. YAY! He also made me some custom orthotics for my shoes to wear when walking around or running. (especially for running) They're designed specifically for me to keep my arch from falling, which he believes is what caused my problem in the first place. I have a quick follow up in two weeks to check the fit on the orthotics, but other wise I'm free of doc visits.

My next stop was my hairdresser's to trim my hair. I still have the super cute bob, but it was getting shaggy and needed to be cleaned up. I especially wanted to get it done before vacation in a week and a half. Ahhhh vacation!

Now I'm back home with the doggie trying to figure out what to make for lunch before my 2pm appointment AGAIN to get my satellite radio fixed. If THIS doesn't work I'm canceling it. Four receivers and 2 FM direct adapters is my limit. No more! As much as I love having Sirius this is becoming a total pain in the ass. The tech support people are laughing at how many notes I have on my file. One of the techs told me apparently I'm the black hole where Sirius radios go to die. (thanks, dude)

Some time today I'm going to try to put in some pool time with my new book. I've started "The Secret Life of Bees" and so far it's FABULOUS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home