Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bored at work?

Meet today's addiction I discovered thanks to Pop Candy on the USA Today website. It's called Typeracer and it's a speed typing challenge which pits you against other anonymous typists doing popular movie and book quotes.

Now, I seem to be doing pretty well. I'm not always the fastest typist compared to some of these people, but I'm fairly accurate. (which seems to be what wins races) I'm averaging around 80-90 words / minute.

Thanks for teaching me typing 6-8th grade typing classes! (they were mandatory in my jr high and I'm very thankful now). I even made some extra money in my dorm typing people's papers for cash.

4 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

I hate you. I will never get any work done today. Also, I just smoked everyone on my first race (101wpm baby!, second was 65)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

OOOOH and I RUSTY!!! My best so far was like 75 wpm and that was when I got lyrics to a song I knew. ;) I used to be really fast when I only typed to copy stuff. All this typing-on-the-fly has killed my skill. More fun time-wasters from CWH. :)

4:14 PM  
Blogger CCT said...

You are evil and I will resist the urge to click that link until 1) my blog is completely up to date and 2) all my baby shower thank you notes are written (yes, I brought them to work with me today and have yet to write a single one even though I've had little legitimate work to do).

5:32 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

Naughty naughty!

Best I managed was 55wpm, but then I don't touch type. I also had problems with the spelling of some words 'cause I'm a Brit, and they were the US versions.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home