Monday, July 30, 2007

Freaking obese country!

G and I actually had a day off at the same time yesterday! Shocking, I know.

I spent the morning with some girlfriends running the 5.2 mile Gandy Bridge. They wanted to start at 10am, I wanted to start earlier due to the hotness. Unfortunately, they won and I had to walk half the way back because I was feeling dizzy from all the heat. (giant bridge over water = no shady tree lined streets) But, I did get in my morning long run.

G and I then headed to out favorite little diner for brunch. Yummy smoked salmon eggs benedict for me.

Since G's lost weight training with the trainer (as have I) we decided over lunch to take him shopping for dress slacks for work. His other ones are falling off of him and he has to cinch his belt to keep them on. So, off to the mall we go. We went to EIGHT stores total... EIGHT ! All of them had pants starting at 34" around the waist. G wears a 32 or 33 depending on the cut of the pants. They might have a few pairs in the 32 or 33 range, but not in any of the colors G wants. Finally we give up and head to the mall I work at... since I try to avoid it like the plague on the weekend and my day off. Three more stores down. Nordstorm had pants on sale, starting at size 34 all the way up to 44". Dillards had nothing. Finally, we ended up at Dockers.. which I wasn't even sure sold dress pants. But, the dress pants god finally smiled on us and we found pants in G's size. We're blaming this whole fiasco on the fact that our country is overweight. There were NO PANTS for someone with a 32" waist. NONE. There'd be that one sad little camel colored pair with a checkered pattern or something equally hideous. We both hate to shop, so four hours of our lives spent looking for dress pants made us very very grumpy. I had a headache by the end of everything, but G had pants !!

3 Comments:

Blogger J.J. Murphy said...

Hi CWH,
This is only slightly related to obesity . . . I'm looking for an optometrist in Tampa who knows all the good restaurants. (A Google search led me to your blog.) I'm writing an article about Tampa restaurants for ODs going to the American Academy of Optometry meeting in October. Can you help me out in any way? My e-mail is below. Thanks in advance. Love your blog, by the way.

John Murphy
senior editor
REVIEW OF OPTOMETRY
e-mail: jmurphy (at) jobson.com

10:52 AM  
Blogger CCT said...

OMG, no kidding. Just look at TV - how many freaking shows are out there now about losing weight? The biggest loser, celebrity fit club, shaq's challenge, extreme makeover, that one about walking 500 miles. I mean c'mon. And don't think I haven't noticed size difference in the fitting rooms myself. I swear the 4/6 of today was the 6/8 of the 90's.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow! review of optometry reads your blog... so cool!

and 32 is pretty small... your trainer must be giving you guys killer work outs

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home