Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Memories of Giant Red Rubber Balls...

Last night was my first official kickball game. Our Hash group signed up with a local kickball league to play as a team. We weren't sure we were going to be any good, but on Tuesday night we found out.

Turns out we're pretty good. Or at least, we're better than the team we were playing last night !! We won our game 8-2.

Now, for Florida, it was pretty cold out last night. We all had on long sleeves under our team t-shirts (our team color is black) and I got to wear my long track pants. Once we got out running around we were all warm. I was 8th in the "batting" order, and played outfield behind first base.

The rules in kickball are a little different that baseball. If someone errors, you only can take one base. You can't lead off bases and you can't steal. One of our teammates was pitching/bowling to the other team whilst smoking and drinking is beer. It was a TOTAL Kodak opportunity, which I missed out on by forgetting my camera. I'm DEFINITELY going to have it next week. I'd forgotten how much fun it was to throw a giant red rubber ball at someone and race around bases. SO FUN!! I did manage to get on base every time.. and even made it to third base once before I was forced out on a bases loaded scenario when I was coming home.

After kickball, we all head to MacDintons to play Flip Cup. Our team dominated that, too. Go figure, hashers can drink.

We'll see how things go next week when we take on our next challengers !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home