Monday, October 02, 2006

New Friendlier Accountant

I spent almost all of today at my new accountant's office...

My old accountant I basically fired for not getting things done on time. He screwed up my last tax forms and didn't fix them when i told him to. So, I'm done with him. If I'm paying you money.. I shouldn't have to fix my forms myself and then file them myself.

So, fast forward to last week. I was out with the Hash group having a drink after a farewell run for a frend moving back to San Francisco. Two of the runners own a pool hall/bar in Carollwood and ran into their accountant at the bar. we started chatting with him, I told him what I did, he took some of my information, and now he's my accountant.

We spent two and a half hours on my accounts today and it was so very stressful. Now I know how I have to have my payroll taxes set up. I'm hiring a company to start doing it for me so i don't have to. It'll cost a bit a month, but I think it'll be worth saving me the headache of having to file all those federal forms every month, every quarter and every year.

After two hours at the accountants, I had to head to the bank to wire money to the Feds. It was a very LARGE check. Fortunately, I'd been taxing tax money out every two week when I get paid and putting it into savings. Because if my check books sees the money.. it's bye bye money.

I'm just happy I found a nicer, easier to get hold of, more organized accountant. he fact that he understands my crazy hobby... even better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

taxes suck.

glad you found a new accountant. oh and i never said thank you for all the heads up you give me when tax due dates roll around. you've saved me many times!

where are you?? i check myspace and aim... it's been super slow around here still...

hope your hubby is felling better

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home