Thursday, September 14, 2006

Day off at the dentist

I finally had a day off mid-week, so I decided to use my dental insurance and go to the dentist. I hadn't had a cleaning in a year and a half. DEFINITELY over-due.

The new dentist seems nice. She was pretty quiet, but friendly. Definitely more personable than the guy I went to for an exam in May. (I hated him which is why I didn't go back) Her office is completely bilingual, which I thought was fabulous! Seeing the schedule on the wall behind my hygenists head I was the only non-hispanic name on it. speaking of which, they're not supposed to put anything up on the wall with patient names on info on it.. it violates HIPAA. I kept my mouth shut though.

I do have to go back next month since I have two weak spots in two teeth that she wants to patch up. She said they were so small I don't even need novocaine. I also found out I have EXCELLENT dental insurance. No co-pay. And, the patching she's going to do is only going to cost me $13 a piece. Nice ! I'm a little sad i need work done. I've always prided myself on my dental care. I'm 30 and have only ever had one cavity. And, even the one I had my dentist said was almost too small to fill, but he thought I should. Which, is exactly what this dentist said about the two others she saw at this visit. Stupid teeth. I guess this is what I get for not having dental insurance while in grad school. I think I've only been to the dentist three times in the last five years. It's EXPENSIVE to go if you have no insurance and I went as much as I could afford to. I guess that means my teeth paid the price of my neglect. Poor teeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home