Monday, July 24, 2006

Giddy as a school girl !!

As Suz would say, *SQUEEEEEE* !!

My most favorite author is releasing a book in two weeks !! Her name is Margaret George and she write very tome-ish novels about major historical figures. I began reading her novels with her book about Cleopatra. (I also have a thing for all things Egyptian, which G can attest to) I've read all of her works except Mary Called Magdalene. I've heard that book is not as well written as the others. I LOVE LOVE LOVE historical fiction. And she's who got me into it.

Her newest novel is on Helen of Troy.
Helen of Troy

Check her out if you like historical fiction! She's worth the read. I'd recommend starting with Memoirs of Cleopatra. It's the best.

4 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

I haven't read Cleopatra, because I bet it will just make me mad.

I have Mary of Magdalene. If you want it, I'll send it to you, it sucks so bad I've only gotten half way through and I don't feel the need to continue.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you want to continue your trojan kick, go check out "the firebrand" by marion zimmer bradley: it's the fall of troy as told by kassandra (the princess cursed to see the future but never be believed). *amazing* book.

12:35 PM  
Blogger CWH said...

I've already read, "Firebrand". Thanks, for the recommendation, Chelle. I agree, it is fan-tabulous.

I'll get the book from my mom, Suz. I haven't started it for the very reason you said. my mother didn't finish it either. I figure it's worth a shot. i've read all the other things she's written.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I read her book about Mary Queen of Scots and loved it! I started Cleopatra, but then had a falling out with the woman I borrowed it from and had to return it--ha ha. Guess I should try to pick up another copy one of these days. Of course my reading is at an ALL TIME SLOW.

BTW, noticed you were reading "My Sister's Keeper" right after I finished reading it. What did you think? And see, now you know someone is paying attention to your "What I'm reading now" link. I think that's a cool idea, but I would be embrassed to have the same book listed for like a month or more (so slow...). ;)

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home