Friday, April 21, 2006

Work Drama

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with posting, but I've been really busy the last few days.

Tuesday was drama filled at work. Dr BW hired a new technician to replace one he's taking over to Tyrone Mall. (he's taking my favorite tech by the way) :( One of the current techs was VERY upset about the days this new girl can work. Now, she'll have to change HER schedule, blah blah blah. Yeah, not my problem I didnt hire her... please go bitch to him. She proceeds to call my boss to yell at him about the new hire FIVE TIMES!! FIVE!! Boss is less than pleased. New hire, by the way, SUPER sweet girl. (great student at USF studying for the MCAT)

Tuesday night I de-stress by going to Let's Eat to prep meals. I'm jazzed going there knowing this is all the food I have to get us through til the wedding !! yay the wedding!! I'm a little bummed when I get there because I'm alone. Let's Eat is something I always did with Dr M and it hit me full force Tuesday night that's she's truly leaving. That made me kinda sad. The two girls working there Tuesday night were super sweet (Ashley, who's always there and a new girl named Holly) They kept me company and chatted with me all night. There was only one other couple there so after they left I was all alone with the two employees. I promised them wedding pictures when I get back.

Wednesday night was a slow day at work and running with the dog. (not too exciting)

Thursday was more work. More drama (it's always the same tech causing the drama)... and her proceeding to tell me that I don't do anything "correctly". WHAT?! I just don't do things they way YOU would .. that doesn't make me WRONG. During the rest of the day she just got more and more hurtful. I know things stress her out easily, but that's no reason to take them out on me. I, personally, think I'm doing a kick ass job here if I do say so myself. I did break down and call my boss on her today, because I just couldn't stew about it any longer and i had to let him know what was being said. He reassured me that he thinks I'm doing a great job, he'll talk to her, he knows she's going through some personal stuff right now that I don't know about, and he'll take care of it. It sounded good, I just hope it pans out.

Thursday night I went to a dinner sponsered by Bausch and Lomb about some of their products. The dinner was at the Museum of Science and very nice. They spent the entire hour talking about contact lenses that they make and all of ONE MINUTE talking about Renu, fungus, and their product being PULLED OFF SHELVES!! That's not important at all right ? I'm sure no one had questions about it. I only had three patients on saturday panicing about it. No big deal. I did however, walk out of the lecture with a free iPod. It's good to be the doctor.

Today is somewhat relaxing at work. My favorite tech and the new tech are here. Both are very relaxed so I'm not as stressed as I was Tuesday and Thursday. G is home and although he's sick right now.. I'm happier when he's here. I'm looking foward to a nice salmon dinner tonight with a big glass of wine. mmmm wine. 30 minutes to go !! yay!! I'd say TGIF , but I have to work tomorrow. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home