Thursday, January 05, 2006

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS !!!

After five weeks of hearing how the USC trojans were the second coming.... the Texas Longhorns stepped up last night and WON the national title game ! YAY !!

I stayed up til 1 am talking on the phone and yelling with friends back in Texas. Well, after I could get through to them anyway. when I tried to call Erin in San Antonio and Suzy in Brownsville I kept getting "all circuits are busy now". I think every UT alum in Texas was on the phone all at once. (and there are a lot of us!)

Greg actually had to admit he was wrong! It was sweet.

I'm sporting my UT shirt to work today... unprofessional attire be damned!

I really do hope Vince Young stays for another year at Texas. I'd totally understand though if he wants to go out on top and go into the draft. Although, he'd go number 3 behind Bush and Leinart.

The best part today has been watching all the ESPN writers back-pedal and say they "knew" Texas could do it. bullshit.. they've been hyping USC all week. The only one who picked Texas was Lee Corso (cuz he always does no matter what)

I went on the co-op website already and ordered my national champions t-shirt. not the locker room one cuz I think they're ugly, but an appropriately girly t-shirt with a Rose and the National Champions scroll work on it.

Cuz we're the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS baby !!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

If Vince goes to the draft, there is no way he would get selected after Leinart! Love the photo!!! I wanted one of the tower all lit up, but couldn't find one. :( I'll have to go to the co-op page and check out the shirts!

YEAH!!!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home