Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Is it too late to elope?

I've been engaged a little over a week... and I'm already set to elope. The constant barrage of emails is already getting to me.. I haven't even picked date yet and I'm already getting emails about invitations, my dress, what my parents should WEAR TO THE WEDDING!!, ETC. If this keeps up I'm not going to make it four months. This is main reason I told G I'd rather get married sooner rather than later. Four months of this is about all I can take.

G and I tried to go play tennis both Sunday and Monday afternoons. I haven't gotten to go practice since my first lesson due to our schedules and me starting a new job. So, Sunday we jump in the car to go to our court, only for it to start pouring half way there. We had to turn the car around and go home. yesterday, turned out to be GORGEOUS and so we decided to try again. This time we actually got all the way to the tennis court, only to discover they were re-surfacing them. We thought of going over to the clay courts on Davis Island, but G doesn't think I'm quite ready for clay yet since I'm just mastering hitting the ball and the Davis Island courts you have to pay for time on. Bleh.

G has gotten both of us addicted to this puzzle game I'm seeing popping up everywhere. It's called Sudoku and it's a logic puzzle of 81 squares. You have to put the numbers 1-9 in the square and non of them can be repeated in any column or row. It's definitely harder than it sounds. They can range from fairly easy to diabolically hard. G and I are hooked. The London Daily Telegraph and LA Times run them daily in their paper and they post them online. They have a website you can print them out from here: Sudoku Online

Warning: HIGHLY addictive ! There are links there on the website to hints on how to solve them, but most people make up their own strategies as they go.

Now, I'm back for my first "real" week of work. I'm done working out Dr H's schedule and am on my own schedule. (the Tuesday to Saturday schedule I agreed to when I signed on) I definitely like having two back to back days off!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

I didn't know you didn't know about su doku! I've been playing it for a while and got a bunch of books at B&N! I do it in the car, while waiting, on planes, etc.

Here's the one I play at work while waiting for things:
http://sudoku.binaryworlds.com/

12:07 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Oh, I forgot to add. RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY! I'll still love you afterwards ;)

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ELOPE. You'll feel better. :)

Pete

12:24 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Oh lord, I guess I never wrote about Sudoku, but I've been hooked since I discovered it in Nov. There is a handy link on the side of my blog to http://www.sudokufun.com/ They have MANY puzzles every day. I do wish they would list the difficulty level though. Erik and I can waste TONS of time on these.

And yes, elope. Well, go dress shopping, that is the best part! Then go to Vegas. :) I of course recommend Paris.

6:16 PM  
Blogger M H said...

Nothing wrong with Vegas ;) I know the stress and feel your pain.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Wait! I've figured it out! I'll be in Vegas in April - RUN AWAY, so there, it's all for the better.

hee.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home