Sunday, December 04, 2005

My Birthday

Thursday.. I happend to turn 30. As much as I tried to avoid it.. it still happened. I did have to work (as most grown ups do) on my birthday. Although, by the number of who were shocked I was working on my birthday I have a feeling a LOT of people play hookey and don't work on their infamous days. But, I was working. Actually, I had a very busy day.. even busier than yesterday when I was working. (which is unusual for a Saturday).

After work my friend, Dr M, called to see if I wanted to go out for dinner. She took me to my favorite sushi place and we had a lovely dinner. It was great to get to chat with her more. She has been rather down lately, but after some time off over Thanksgiving I think she's doing much better. Anyway, we had a lovely dinner and I thanked her profusely for taking me out.

G got home around 11pm and gave me a huge birthday hug. He also told me he had some last minute stuff to do on my presents so I would get them on Friday.

I did have Friday off to sleep in which was reeealllly nice. I spent the day with the doggie. When G got home from work he came bearing presents. From G, I got the first season of Lost on DVD (yay!) and a tennis racket (with balls.. other wise known as Tiger crack). G finally gave in and is going to teach me to play tennis. I been bugging him to teach me for about six years now. Since he's never found anyone to go play with he figured he might as well suck it up and teach me.

Friday night G took me out to dinner at Bonefish (our favorite fish place) and then we had dessert at the famous Bern's dessert room. This room is out of this world !! You guys would not believe it!! They have FORTY pages of dessert wine !! Four pages of dessert !! It was phenominal !! I had a chocolate pistachio pyramid. some kind of rich chocolate mousse in a pyramid shell with pistachio mousse in the middle. SO GOOD ! G had some sort of extra rich chocolate cake with chocolate mousse with raspberry sorbet and syrup on top. I had a small taste of that and it was also fabulous.

After dinner, G and i met up with some friends who were having a pub crawl in our neighborhood. Dr M also came out to meet up with us. We didn't end up staying out very late, but it was nice to have them all wish me a happy birthday and buy me a drink (or two).

I had a wonderful birthday as far as 30th birthdays go. Today is my first tennis lesson. I'm so excited.

2 Comments:

Blogger M H said...

hope you had a great birthday and enjoyed your tennis :) I have a new blog now (if you want to update your link!)

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, 30 isn't that bad. :)
Glad to hear that you had a good b-day.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home