Sunday, November 06, 2005

Busy Weekend

Nothing really happened to me during my work week.. so I decided to spare you of the boring day to day of it all. I do have to say though, that I really don't like coming home in the dark. I much prefer coming home when it's lighter so I can talk my dog for a walk and go running. Now, it's too dark by the time I get home to go running. The neighborhoods around here aren't very well lit with streetlights, unless you go all the way down by the water.. which is kind of a trek in the dark and there's hardly any parking if I try to drive. So, without my nightly doggie runs Ive grown grumpy .. and so have my running buddies. (and their dogs)

Tiger is doing better on his treatment. His hair is growing back in and he's not scratching it all out any more. yay! Although, since he's been on the steroids and anti-histamines he's been drinking like a racehorse. TONS of water. Which, also means lots of walks. But, that's okay if it's making him feel better.

I was off of work on Friday so that's when we scheduled our new mattress to be delivered. Yay new mattress!! I already had one set of sheets arrive and the duvet cover. But, my order from Overstock is getting delayed do to me signing up to finance my purchase. Damn me wanting 0% financing! But, it was worth it for the shiny new headboard, sheets, and duvet. My back is so very happy over the new mattress. So very nice.

Friday night was Dr K's surprise 40th birthday party at the Bradenton country club. We actually managed to pull it off.. he was surprised! Seriously. He really had no idea. Personally, I think I would have been a little suspicious on my 40th. But, that's just me. There were quite few people there, a very nice buffet, a dj. Very fun. I ended up leaving somewhat early since I had to work Saturday morning, but I'm very glad I went. Dr J was also very happy that everything went off so well. I really do wish I could have stayed later... so many people left before even I did.

I ended up working all day Saturday so there's not much exciting to say about that.. it's just work and money. Not even any super exciting patients... just busy working people who needed new glases and contacts, plus the occasional diabetes exam.

Saturday night G and I had signed up to go to a charity event at the zoo called Zoofari. It was supposed to be animals, local restaurants handing out samples, and open bars. Sounded like fun so we signed up. Well, we get there and walk into the event...... WAY too many people. This is not a big zoo.. but there were THOUSANDS of people there. It was shoulder to shoulder and the crowd would get held up when people stopped to get food at the different restaurant tables. Then, we found out the animals weren't even out. They had them locked up do to the size of the crowd. So, we were rather bummed. It turned into a very VERY expensive buffet with fairly lousy bands. But, at least the food was decent and I have one or two new restaurants to try. It's also for charity so... oh well. Two of my friends were there volunteering at the event. So, they got in free and got a one hour break from working to see things. G and I thought of bidding on something at the silent auction they had there (they had paintings painted by hippos, jess !! I so wanted to get you one!) but you had to stay until 11 go claim it. We were ready to go by 930. Another hour and a half of crowds while places were running out of food.... ehhhh maybe not so worth it. so, we took off. we did have fun.. it just wasn't as cool as we thought it would be so we're probably not returning next year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I don't suppose you got a photo of a picture painted by a hippo did you? :) That is so funny--hopefully they weren't big butt prints or anything!

Don't forget, you're a working woman and a homeowner now--you get to write off those tickets come tax time! Sweet.

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boy that was a long read, lets see more pictures :) jk. i totally agree about it getting dark too early, around 8:00 pm I'm ready for bed.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home