Sunday, October 30, 2005

Quest for the Pefect Mattress

Vowing on Saturday to never again wake up with back pain, G and I went mattress shopping. I did not realize how damn expensive these things are !! Damn. Damn expensive.

We shopped at two different stores and tested them all. Then, went home and researched reviews on the internet. G's an analyst after all... boy's gotta analyze.

Deciding on Stearns and Foster we headed back to the store. They thought we were nuts when we said we didn't want it delivered until Friday. But, I wanted to have time to gather the appropriate linens before the bed showed up. Delivery was definitely worth the 50 bucks it costs. We live on the third floor of a condo complex with a spiral staircase (and no elevator). yes, delivery please. Thanks.

The linen shopping was the most fun for me. Let me first use this as a plug for Overstock.com. I found 450 thread count egyptian cotton sheets for 40 bucks (yes, I know I sound like a commercial.. but damn!) Have y'all priced sheets lately? the ones I liked at pottery barn were 130 dollars and didn't have half the thread count and definitely weren't egyptian cotton. I also got a goose down duvet, a headboard, and luxury hotel mattress pad. All for less than the headboard cost at the store where we originally saw it. I'm very excited! I did get the duvet cover at crate and barrel becuase I found one I just loved.

I'll post pics once it's all put together.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

S&F is absolutely amazing. Lucky you! I have a high end Sealy which I believe is by the same company, but mine isn't as nice as the S&Fs! Anyhow, enjoy your new bed!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

The things you learn reading other people's blogs. For example, I don't remember saying i'd bother shopping for decent sheets for someone who won't appreciate them

Hope you enjoy your S&F, it's been HELL on my back and I want my good bed back (it's in the guest room). Then again, I have medical issues with my back, so maybe it's crankier than most ;)

And that's why I don't go to pottery barn, btw - way overpriced. Shop around, you can get really good sheets for not so much, and make sure you feel them. Sometimes "they" count the splits in the plies to get a higher threadcount when it's not ;)

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home