Friday, December 09, 2005

Last Week of Travel

This is my last offical week working in three different places. I start my new job at International Plaza on Tuesday. I'm excited and a little aprehensive at the same time. I know I'm good at what I do, but can I run an entire office. Granted, I don't own it.. but, I am the only full-time doctor in this location so most major decisions and almost all exams will go through me. They're going to teach me to run the accounts, balance the books, bascially how to run the show. If I make the office grow enough over the next few years... hopefully this will be something good and I'll get the chance to buy in. (gooo profits!) It's still a little daunting for the young girl right out of school. Although, I'm not as young as most new grads.

I'm still going to be working one day a week at the office on Fowler through the end of the year. (I wanted to give the owner time to find someone new) I didn't want to burn any bridges by leaving. So, I'm working there only on Mondays through December 26th.

My last day at Dr L's was rather bittersweet. I'm REALLY going to miss that office. Every person that works there is a friend. They're all wonderful people and it's the ideal practice set up. The patients were even getting to know me and like me there. One even asked for my business card on my last day. It actually made me smile that she was sad I was leaving. Realistically, the almost 1.5 hour drive down there is just draining on both my mental state and my economics. Last week, now that the snowbirds are back in town, it took me 1.5 hours to get to Bradenton and 1.5 hours to get home. yeah, fuuuuun. I was a VERY happy person after that day, let me tell ya. Tonight I'm meeting the office for dinner. It's the annual Christmas party and they had to make sure I was included. We're going to Euphemia Haye, which is where I went with both Drs. L when it was my last day as an intern. I'm sure it will be just as delicious. It's another restuarant with a dessert room, lord help me.

My last day at Dr W's the office staff bought me a really yummy cake. I had time to chat with everyone since we were very very slow. I'm not sure why, but we were. After the week I'd had though I wasn't really complaining. International is going to be slow at first so I should get used to it.

This weekend should be great fun. G and I are going with Dr M to see jerry seinfeld on Saturday night. After work G and I are also going to pick out our Christms ornaments and such at Target. I think that will be a blast since it's our first Christmas tree together. (we've always gone home the last few years) Sunday we're going to pick out a tree. Yay !! I'm dying to have a real tree for once. Both of our parents were allergic growing up so we're both excited to have a real tree in the house. I love the way they smell. We just have to figure out how to keep the dog from drinking the fertilizer water.. y'all have any suggestions?? Please let me know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home