Thursday, September 22, 2005

Rita

I'm watching Hurricane Rita veer in on my friends and family. My parents are staying put since they're 70 miles inland. They invited an apartment dwelling friend over to stay with him, which made him feel much more comfortable than being in his first floor apartment near a creek.

I don't want to go to work today. I want to stay home and keep checking for email updates from friends and family. Most of them have packed up and left already. Some of them know it's going to be an 8+ hour drive.


175mph !! I can't believe this is happening again... and this time.. to people I love. Not that it makes it better or worse than any other hurricane, but this time it's personal.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that I'm glad your folks decided to stay like mine. most of my parents' neighbors left wednesday night... calling before they left to say my parents should leave too.... today it seems like the news says it'll be a 1 or a TS by the time it gets to north harris county.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home