Thursday, September 01, 2005

No more CNN

I can't watch TV anymore. It's too upsetting. I keep thinking how easily this could have been me, or my family for that matter. My parents are safe in houston watching thousands of people flood into their city. All the hotels there are full.

My friend who's a dean at the University of Houston said she had lines around the building at the admissions office today with Lousianna students trying not to miss a year of college. They're taking as many as they can accomodate and even waiving out of state tuition for them.

I don't understand the mentaliy that would cause anyone to fire guns at a lifeflight chopper. Or loot Tv's or jewelry. I can understand taking essentials like shoes, diapers, formula, food, etc. But the non essentials.. ?? that's just poor planning on their part. who's going to buy what you looted for money? who? no one around has ANYTHING! you think they need a 40" plasma screen? (let alone a flooded one) geniuses.

So, I took to watching my netflix movies. I do understand what's going on. I wish there was more I could do. But for now, I'm cried out and I have to take a break. There's only so many times I can hear someone say "catastrophic" on CNN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

my feelings exactly! Very cool about the University of Houston. It's nice to hear a good story in all this mess.

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. It's awesome that U of H is doing that. My alma mater is also letting Tulane students from the Houston area take courses there.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home