Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Mommy WOW! I'm a big kid now!

Today was my first official PAID day as a real, licensed doctor. It actually, didn't feel any different to me. I'm doing the same job I've been doing for the last four and a half years. The only difference is, now I'm making three times as much! (well, at least 3x as much as I did as an unlicensed doctor.. I'm making THOUSANDS of times more than I did in grad school!) HA!

As far as first days go, I couldn't have started out with a better office than Dr K's. He's just so much fun and the staff is so nice and fun! I also get to see pathology there, which we don't see much of in a Lenscrafters type situation. Although, I'm sure I'll see some there, too.

And yes, some of them did comment that I was younger than their child/grandchild. But, I just shrug it off and tell them I was old enough to be their doctor SEVERAL years ago. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger WhizGidget said...

I should point out that by reporting your cases here in your blog - no matter how interesting they may be, you are in violation of HIPAA laws.

Under those laws, you cannot report "any identifiable information including but not limited to, age, sex, race, religion, name, ss#, etc." Since you're mentioning gender of patients, you *are* in violation. And have been, from the looks of your blog, for awhile. I'd hope that no one's reported you to the state licensing board over *that* one....

1:36 PM  
Blogger CWH said...

Fine .. I'll remove all of it.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home