Monday, September 12, 2005

Doctoring through the weekend

I'm still not quite used to being called Doctor. I'm sure I'll get used to it very quickly, but it's still rather foreign. I've made it through my first week working in Florida. It was rocky at time, but I'm getting into the swing of it.

The office on Fowler near USF is almost entirely VA contract, so I'm seeing former military persons every day. It's kinda neat to get to meet them all. Feel like I'm doing something, even though they're all no longer in combat situations. The VA has too many people to see to see them all in their space, so they contract with our office to see as many as we can.

I'm having a great time at the Lenscrafters office in Brandon. The staff is fabulous and they make me laugh. They also help out a LOT and are very knowledgeable. It's weird for me to switch gears and have people do things for me. At UHCO they made me do everything from I&R's to even dispensing my own contacts. Its taking me awhile to get used to asking the staff to do things for me. I know that's what they're there for, it just still seems weird to me I guess that I have staff. They work for me in a sense even though I'm not the one that owns the office. It's a rather weird transition for me to make. (especially since half of them are older than me)

And then of course there's Dr K's office. He's awesome and I've loved his staff for the last year I've worked there. I just wish it was closer so I could work there more than once a week.

Friday night G and I took the evening to go to MOSI (the museum of science and industry) here in Tampa. they have a traveling exhibit right now called Bodies which was really really cool. (for a science dork like myself) They have all these bodies that were preserved with polymer plastics, through a process I'm totally unsure of so I don't want to elaborate on how it's done. But, they most of them posed and you traveled through the exhibits and prosections to learn about the different body systems. Musculo-skeletal, nerve, circulatory, reproductive, digestive, etc. It really was interesting. i was having total flashbacks to gross anatomy the entire time! The funniest part was one of the guys from the museum who was working the room. he clearly thought he was shit cuz he worked at this exhibit. He was "trying" to answer people's questions about the bodies and things in the room. Clearly, half the time he had NO CLUE what the answer was and G and I were cracking up watching him pull shit out of his ass. I could tell a few people where smart enough to figure out this guy was full of it. You'd think he'd be smart enough to say he didn't know. But it was very fun for me to geek out on this exhibit.

And in other news my SECOND set of Nip/Tuck season 2 DVD's are also defective. I had to return my first set because disk 1 was almost unplayable. The second set amazon.com sent me only had one 2 minute portion that's unplayable, but it's still going back to amazon for a refund. I have a feeling the entire first run of these DVDs is bad. I'd be curious to see how many other people are returning them. I'm rather annoyed though, because the new season starts next week and I wanted to remember what happened last season before it stared !! Oh well..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home