Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Day Spas are Great!

My friend liz got us a day at the day spa for my graduation. I looooove live. have I mentioned how much I LOVE liz. She's the bestest!! It was great to have a whole day just for "me time" with the two girly doctors.

I got Liz's house early to chat and have coffee before we headed to the spa. She makes the BEST coffee.. her husband roasts his own beans. But I digress...

To the Spa: We went the Visage Day Spa on Louetta in NW Houston (for those of you who are local). We checked in and they lead us to the back to change. I got one of those giant elasticy bathtowels with a bow, a robe, and fuzzy slippers.. all white and black. Then I was lead to the back. Big room, heated bed, lots of warm fluffy towels and a pillow, candles, soothing music, and the very nice lady (I later found out she was the owner) to do my facial. Pure pampered heaven. She spent a full hour making sure my face was clean, shiney, buffed, and polished. We also got to chatting. Turns out the owner is a former Enron employee. She decided to go to beauty school after the collapse of her company. I admired her. She owns the place, runs it, styles hair, does facials, got her massage license. The only thing in the business I think she doesn't do is the manicure and pedicure. Now she loves her job and what she does (which is so much more important than how much you make)

Next I was off to my massage. one hour of heaven. My massage therapist was great and got all the knots out of my neck and shoulders. I might have to make that a regular thing. It was so nice to just lie there and not have to think about anything.

After my massage I put 'real' clothes back on and had lunch. They gave us greek salad with yummy garlic bread (and white wine). I also had to drink lots of water (like you're supposed to after a massage... toxins and such). Salad was so yummy! I also got a chance to catch up with liz again since we were obviously in seperate rooms for our massage and facials.

Finally, we went in another room for our final spa treatments.. the mani/pedi. I asked for french on both since I'm going to Paris I figured I might as well. They did the full mani/pedi complete with hot wax treatment. I was so relaxed I almost fell asleep in the pedicure chair. In the end, my toes and fingers look totally cute!

I owe liz so much for introducing me to the glory that is day spas. I'm afraid much money might be spent in my future there. (not at Visage, but somewhere similar in Tampa) G might be damning liz in a year or so. HA !

1 Comments:

Blogger scarlet reynolds said...

I came across your blog site while browsing the internet for days spa website and it's nice dropping by your blog site. On the other hand, I also own one of the Day Spas Perth. At Muséo we are acutely aware of the transient nature of fashion, and are uncompromising in our pursuit of the latest styles and products. We are committed to creating sensational directions in hair, and regularly turn our attention to both external training and in-house development with the view to keeping our artists at the cutting-edge.

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home