Monday, December 20, 2004

Catch up blog

well, I guess I should fill in the details of my weekend.

Friday night I wandered to the south side of town (pearland) to have dinner with my friend Theresa and her husband. Two other friends joined us for dinner, which was great since every one of us had something to celebrate. T's husand just started a new job that week, Pete started a new job that week and got final sigs on his masters thesis, T had just finished her first semester at Baylor Med, and the "other" Christine had just finished her third semester at UT-Houston Med. I got to celebrate being done with boards, finishing my second rotation, and being back with friends in Houston. We drank, laughed, learned a new dice game and had a great time.

Saturday I ended up attending two holiday parties. The first one was with the flyball team and we had lots of fun. Took VERY cute doggie pics of flyball doggies jumping through christmas wreath hoops.

The second party was at the home of a friend from high school. It was GREAT to see him and catch up. I didn't get to spend too much time socializing with him since he was the main host.. but I did catch up a little bit with his parents to see if they had news of our other high school friends.

So, for the high school friends who read this (Hi Hampton and Suz) here's the recap:

Tim -- teaching honors US History at Kempner High School , loving it , still living in the Galleria area and throwing lavish parties (would we expect less)

Julie Sheriff (now married -- now clue of her last name) is teaching somewhere in houston, she clearly did not want to be talking to me.. but her husband was nice.

Mike Pipkin -- Naval Chaplain currently serving in Iraq. i'm trying to locate an email address for him so I can write him overseas. His wife is in the DC area working with the CIA

Katherine Tryon -- Married and newly pregnant (due in July some time)

Elizabeth Angle -- married last summer had 5 month old in tow at the party. SO CUTE !

Those are all the names I was able to get out of the Angles. Ill see if I can get more out of Tim through email later on.

I left the party rather early since I was there alone and almost the entire party was married couples (or civil union type couples). I did have a great time.. it was just awkward since the only person I knew was the host. When I had my fill of socializing I vacated.

The most interesting part of the evening was watching Tim. He really hasn't changed AT ALL ... and his grandparents were there at the party. Apparently grandparents were unaware of Tim's lifestyle and he was rather nervous about the whole situation. I'm sure it was rather obvious though since half of the party was gay men. But, it was fun watching him get tipsy out of nervousness anyway. We had a good laugh and will catch up again in February for his annual pancake breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home