Thursday, August 10, 2006

Full Moon Hash, Terror Plots, and Insurance.. OH MY !!

I finally got done working my seven days in a row. It seemed like more than that, trust me. I was busy, G left for England, and when you're on day seven you just don't feel like being around people.

Tuesday, my first day off, I was basically a complete bum. I caught up on Rome on HBO on demand (I'd missed the last four episodes), read a book by the pool, and played much Binkie with my dog. It was tranquil, I wasn't at work, and that made me happy. Sometimes you just have to be a bum.

Now, Wednesday was another story. I spent the morning at the Davis Island dog park, which my dog loves, playing fetch in the water. He LOVES that. It was also his bath day so I always let him get stinky, sandy, and disgusting at the dog park on bath day. But, I do use "soap free" dog shampoo so no chemicals are going into the bay. I got in a long "discussion" with a lady about my use of shampoo to bath my dog at the dog park. Yes, there's a big sign saying no chemicals... BUT I was using soap free, no chemical, aloe and oatmeal wash. his shampoo costs more than MINE !!

I then spent half the afternoon yelling at insurance companies. USAA STILL can't track down the girl who hit me. She disconnected her cell phone, her father won't help the insurance agent, and basically she's getting away with murder. Now, my only real option is to shell out my $500 deductible and hope that some day they find her and I can get my money back. I personally, think it's BS that I have a traffic report, a listing of damage to her car, and all her contact into and USAA is STILL not claiming any liability until they TALK TO HER !! WTF ! Did the cop make the whole thing up ?! The fact that she's avoiding you at all costs and has DISCONNECTED HER CELL PHONE means she's GUILTY !! HELLO MCFLY !! I'm so pissed about this. All this is teaching me is that if I ever hit someone ... I can just ignore it.. and there's nothing they can do about it. I get off scott free. Disappear, they can't prove you hit anyone, and it's like it never happened. Who cares about social responsiblity !!? Definitely not the insurance company they're just trying to save themselves money. I'm so mad.

To calm myself down last night, I met up with a hash friend and carpooled to the Full Moon Hash. We were running around the Courtney Campbell Causeway area. Very nice, LOTS of water that you could either swim or run 'round, and tons of fun. BIG group last night. I had a great time, as usual.

So, it was exceptionally depressing this morning when I get a phone call at 730am fromo my mother teling me to turn on the news. In case I didn't mention earlier.. G is in the UK (wales specifically) on business for Accenture. He left Sunday and will be flying back on Saturday. So, waking up to hear of a foiled terror plot on HIS airline targeting HIS EXACT arrival city (washington DC) is NOT how I wanted to wake up this morning. He's assured me he'll be fine. With all the delays and cancellations he might not even be on the plane on Saturday, we'll just have to wait and see. This is just the worst possible week for him to be in the UK. First time he's traveled overseas for business in five years and this is what happens. It's fraying my nerves, that's for sure. I have all his flight info so now I just pray that he's safe and that BAA does a great job getting my honey home safe. Keep him in your thoughts y'all.

It looks to be a pretty quiet day at work today.. and that's quite alright with me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey 'Stine, now Big Brother in Washington is watching you to find out abouth this "HASH" of yours.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home