Monday, May 16, 2005

Gift Cards ROCK!

Have I mentioned my undying love for gift cards? they are the BEST.THINGS.EVER!! Not only do I get free things, but I get to pick out my own gifts so I'm guaranteed to like what you got me. So far I got a huge gift card from G's parents to Foleys and another (not so huge, but that's okay) from a friend for Ann Taylor.

My first stop today was to Circuit City. I returned the AC Power adapter I'd gotten for the new happy green iPod. Apparently G already has one and we don't need two. so, that money goes back to the happy credit card people. Then, I did some research and discovered that CC sells the exact same portable DVD player I won at graduation banquet. So, since G already had one I returned that for store credit (even though I had no idea where they got it from). The DVD player became a brand-spanking new HP Printer complete with copier, scanner, photo printer, and regular printer. It makes me happy (especially since it was FREE!!) The DVD thing I couldn't really use became something I really needed. YAY!

Then, I hit the Foleys. lemme tell ya.. when you hit the sale racks at Foleys with a 200 dollar gift card. SO.MUCH.FUN!! When it's not your money, shopping kicks ass! normally I detest shopping.. ask anyone who knows me. But, mom and I had the funnest time picking out cute skirts and other outfits I can cruise around Europe in. I had to get something that would be cute and still let me in the Vatican (no shorts or tank-tops allowed). I got three or four cute skirts, LOTS of cute shirts,and two new light weight jackets (one denim and one Nike). I only had to pitch in 20 bucks of my own money (mainly for taxes)

I then trotted over to Ann Taylor and got two new other cute tops for Europe (or work later on). There I had to pitch in a little more of my own money cuz Ann Taylor's a little more pricey and the gift card wasn't as big. But still SO CUTE!

Now I'm happily removing pricing tags and sorting through the mother-lode of goodness that became of my morning of shopping. I did that much damage in only 2 hours (including the CC trip) Damn I'm good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

TAG! YOU'RE IT! (see my blog 5/17)...

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home