Thursday, March 17, 2005

T-minus 5 weeks

I have five weeks left in clinic. The end of my day today meant another week of work come and gone.

Not really the highlight of my week, but I got my bank check for the Florida board exam. A HUGE check for 1,980 dollars. It really freaked me out to see it in print. It's all real. I'm really done with school, really agreeing to take this massive exam, really sending out graduation annoucements and figuring out where I want my graduation dinner. I mail off my board application tomorrow. Then, the ball starts rolling.

I had a really relaxed week .... not very many patients, not too hectic, not much outside of school work to do.

This could be my dad's last week of work ever. It's the last week of his contract on the Dell job. My mother is in Austin right now helping him move out of his temporary apartment. they'll come back tomorrow. I'm kind of enjoying having the house to myself tonight, though. All the leads my dad has had on other jobs have fallen through. They all tell him he's "overqualified", which is usually a nice way of saying too old. So he might be done working now which would be really weird. I'm sure he'd have lots of fun "helping" my mother around the house. the first three weeks he's home my mother will think it's great having him around all the time... soon after.. it'll quickly lose it's luster. there's only so much togetherness anyone can tolerate.

well, i guess i should go do something productive now. Scuba class starts tomorrow so I'll be busy all weekend.
And, congrats to mike on matching at Children's Hospital - Norfolk !! SO proud of you !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home