Thursday, January 06, 2005

Free Money

After lunch with a friend today (mmmm tapas), I met up with another friend for a little shopping. well, anyone who knows me knows how much I hate to shop. My main beef with shopping is that I never have any money. So, why go look at clothes and try things on when I know I can't afford to buy anything. That just makes me depressed. I can always go imagine how good I'll look when I do make money... yawn.

So, since I got a substantial gift certificate for my birthday to white house/black market (one of my favorite stores) I decided to stop in today. I picked the right day !! Everything in the store was 30% off the sale price. And, this store is NOT cheap. The average pair of fitted pants there costs about 80 dollars. So, I got two tops and a pair of cream colored pants for 100 dollars. I was very very proud of myself (and look good to boot). Now, I'll wait til their spring line comes out so I can use the rest of my gift certificate. I didn't want to buy more stuff just cuz I had more money on the card. I really didn't see anything else I was thrilled with. I don't need sweaters where I'm moving.

Then, we wondered next door to Ann Taylor (who was also having a sale). I picked up a pair of chocolate pants with pinkish pin stripes. VERY cute and half off. Whheeee.

Now THAT is the kind of shopping I like. Four things purchased and only 40 dollars of my own money spent. (and all very nice lined and tailored looking clothes).

So of course I show my mom my haul... and the only comment she makes (not that i look cute or what great deals I got), is " oh honey, it's all dry clean only".

Sigh... mothers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Well I'll congratulate you on a job well done. Oh how I miss the hunt! I'm not a big shopping fan either, but I would love to be hunting in a mall for post-holiday deals instead of cruising through the hideous exchange or the overly priced, undersized Japanese stores. ;)

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home