Monday, January 03, 2005

Back to Reality

Well, sort of back to reality. I'm still on vacation. But, yesterday G left to go back to Baltimore for work, my dad left to go back to work in Austin, and my brother and his wife left to catch their flight back to Seattle. This left my mother and me home alone with the dogs for my last week of remaining vacation.

Christmas was fairly uneventful, but fun and relaxing. My best present was from my parents: scuba diving lessons !!! I'm so excited !! G has known how to dive for years and on our vacations he always wants to go dive, but doesn't want to leave me alone on the beach all day. Now, I can get certified and we can go on dive trips together ! After this two weekend course I'll have my PADI Basic Open Water certification. I spent the first weekend doing classroom and pool dives. The second weekend is four open water dives in local bodies of water. I think our first is in some rock quarry in Conroe. (which will be weird since there are no fish or anything)

The day after Christmas I drove up to Dallas to spend a day with G's family. They gave me a very nice jammie set from VS and took us out to dinner.

G followed me back to Houston to spend a week of his vacation here with the dog and me. We didn't do much, but it was so nice to get to spend a whole week together when neither of us had to run off to work. We also weren't in the artificial vacation environment.

Mainly, we ran with the dog, went to movies (the aviator and ocean's 12), went to trivia night at a local bar with a friend, etc. Relaxing and enjoyable. My mother didn't make one comment about getting married, but my neighbor did at a bridal shower. (and was horrribly horribly rude about it)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I could whack you for not telling me you were blogging!!! I just happened to notice the "Homepage" link on your last comment, and look where it took me! Now I'm going to have to waste countless hours to catch up. Oh well, I'm totally excited about being able to keep up with you better. BTW, I love your layout. Is that new from blogger, or your own handiwork?

Later,
Jess

5:27 PM  
Blogger CWH said...

it's part blogger... and part me tweeking with the settings.

7:28 PM  
Blogger CWH said...

pay for what ? i'm so confused....

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home