Thursday, June 28, 2007

Getting to Boston

Getting to AOA was definitely an adventure. My flight left at 8am connecting through Baltimore (BWI) to Boston. I was SUPPOSED to arrive in Boston at 1:15pm. G was arriving ten minutes before me. Let's just say G made it, had time to tour Harvard, have lunch, and head back on the T to the hotel before I even landed in Boston.

Getting to BWI was no problem. I run to the board to check my connection since I only had 45 minutes. (supposedly) Flight delayed until 12:30. Oh, well, maybe there's rain in Boston or something all the other Boston flights are delayed too. I get a bite to eat, pull out a magazine, and plug in the iPod to drown out everyone else. An hour later I check the board again. Flight delayed until 2pm. WTF !!?? I'm now at a 3.5 hour delay getting in. I'm less than pleased. The gate agent tells me and the other 10 angry Air Tran customers that the airplane has a part that's malfunctioning and they have to fly the part in from Orlando. There are no other planes available to take us to Boston, they're all booked, trust me I check. I've seen way to many episodes of the Amazing Race to not check for earlier flights. FINALLY at 2pm we get to the plane, the plane taxis back.. and for some reason we're sitting on the tarmac half way to the runway. Water starts to pour out of the overhead cabin in first class onto the first class passengers. (hee) The plane then turns around and goes, you guessed it, BACK TO THE GATE!! Five guys from maintenance are now on my plane. They spend 30 minutes tinkering, the pilot comes out and assures us it's just the condensation from the air conditioning, there is nothing wrong the plane, we're all just fine but at this point he understands if anyone wants to get off. Every starts screaming LET'S JUST GO !! After a three and a half hour delay at this point everyone is so frustrated we'll take our chances. At 3:15pm we FINALLY take off for Boston. I'm in a cab to the hotel at 4:30pm just in time for rush hour getting out of Logan. Fortunately, the taxi line in Boston is amazing and I'm at the hotel in less than 20 minutes.

The rest of my day was so much nicer once I was settled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home