Thursday, June 28, 2007

First evening in Boston

Once I finally arrived at my hotel I met up with G to check in. G had spent the afternoon touring around Harvard as something to do while I was stuck at BWI.

We stayed at the Park Plaza hotel, which was nice, but very old. In being an old building the bathroom was TINY and the air conditioning wasn't the strongest. Thank goodness it wasn't as hot as it is in Tampa right now.

I found my two classmates, Ashley and Erin fairly easily since we were all in the same hotel. By the time we all got settled it was dinner time so we picked a place to meet up for dinner. When in Boston, it's time for seafood! We ate at Legal Seafood which was FABULOUS!! I had a wood grilled seafood sampler with four different kinds of fish and scallops. I also had lobster bisque. Mmmmm

After dinner we decided to tour Boston Common and the Public Gardens. There was a 5k race going on in the park, so that was rather fun to watch. The lead runner came in around 17 minutes, which actually isn't that fast for the lead runner. Granted, it's way faster than I can haul my ass 3.1 miles, but still.

Then came the long walk around the park hunt for Cheers. We knew it was around the park somewhere, I couldn't remember what street it was on, and non of us had brought a map. We were relying totally on G's sense of direction. Eventually, we did get there. It was entirely too crowded to go in, but we took the prerequisite pictures. You could only go in and sit down if you were ordering food. Since we were all still completely full of seafood we decided to skip it. G did pick downstairs to see if it looks the same as the TV show... it doesn't. (told ya)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home